Marinated Tofu (Chicken Flavored)
By Mary Bernt
- 1 lb very firm tofu (Trader Joes)
- 3 Tbs MB chicken seasoning
- 3⁄4 C plus 2 Tbs. water
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
1. Cut tofu into 1⁄2 inch pieces and spread into a 7 1⁄2 inch x 12 inch pyrex pan.
2. In a blender, combine the water, olive oil and chicken seasoning and blend for 30 seconds. Pour mixture over tofu.
3. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour, or until the tofu is firm and all the moisture has been absorbed. Sometimes I turn the tofu midway through baking. Your tofu should feel firm but not too hard.
4. Refrigerate the tofu overnight. This causes it to develop a chicken-like texture. This can be frozen in freezer bags for later use.
5. This can be also made into chicken salad for sandwiches. Lightly pulse tofu chicken in the food processor after it has chilled all night. Mix in some chopped onion, celery, dill pickles, a little fresh lemon juice and vegenaise etc. to taste.