Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk or almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (add last)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or 1/3 C. for pie)
1. In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar, and cocoa powder until well blended.
2. In large saucepan over medium heat, stir together soy milk, sugar, cocoa and cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pudding will continue to thicken as it cools. Make sure to stir while it’s cooling. Allow to cool, then chill in refrigerator until completely cool. Double recipe for 9 inch pie.
3. This tastes good with Raspberry sauce drizzled over the pudding or pie. 2 C. raspberries and 3-4 Tbs. sucanat blended till smooth and then strain out the seeds.