Red Lentil Soup
- 1 Medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 C. dry red lentils
- 6 C. water
- 2- 14 oz. cans Del Monte Basil, Garlic, Oregano Diced Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 C. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbs. chicken seasoning by Mary Bernt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 shakes of cayenne pepper
- 1 C. vegan ranch dressing (Vibrant Life recipe)
- 1 C. frozen corn
In a soup kettle, water sauté the onion and garlic till soft. Or use just a little olive oil.
Rinse lentils and add to the kettle along with the water.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 min.
Add remaining ingredients and allow to simmer an additional 10 min.
Ranch Dip or Dressing
From Vibrant Life Magazine (non-dairy)
(Yields 2 Cups - 2 Tbs. serving: 40 Calories, 3 grams fat)
- 1 (12.3 oz) package silken lite, firm, shelf stable Tofu (Mori-Nu brand)
- 1⁄2 C vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion pwd.
- 1⁄4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1⁄2 tsp Herbamere by A.Vogel (organic herb infused sea salt) or 1⁄2 tsp celery salt
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic pwd.
- 1-2 Tbs water or more depending how thick or thin you like it.
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley or 4 tsp dried
Place ingred. in blender (except parsley) and process until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally, about 1 min. If too thick add water to desired consistency. Add parsley and pulse to blend. Pour into a container and chill before serving to absorb the flavors.