Chili Noodle Soup
By Robyne Gray
- 1-28 oz. can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 qt. water or more as needed
- 1- 14 oz. can Chili Man chili or your favorite vegetarian chili
- 1 Tbs. McKay’s Chicken Style seasoning
- 2 Tbs. barley
- 2-4 Tbs. Quinoa
- Several shakes of garlic salt or to taste
Bring above to a boil in a large pot then simmer for 45 min. Add 3 C. wide noodles for the last 20 minutes. I use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat blend pasta. This tastes great with corn bread.
- 1 C. cornmeal
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 3 TBS. sugar (you could try splenda)
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking pwd.
- 1 egg or 1⁄4 C. soft tofu - blended up with the milk
- 1⁄4 C. shortening
- 1 1⁄2 C. milk or non-dairy milk
Mix dry ingred. and cut shortening into dry ingred. Add milk and egg and mix. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 425 degrees for 30 min.