Mushrooms & Sauce for Crepes
By Robyne Gray
Soak 1⁄2 C raw cashews in 1 1⁄4 C water.
While soaking sauté 1 onion-chopped and 3 garlic - chopped or pressed in a large pot. After softened add 3-8 oz. boxes mushroom-sliced and sauté till cooked and liquid evaporated.
Blend cashews and water in blender till very smooth then add to the blender:
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup raw unsalted cashews (soak in the water while prepping the other ingred.)
- 2- 4 oz. cans of mushrooms with liquid
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion and garlic pwd. each
- 1⁄4 C pwd soy milk (I use “Better Than Milk” brand)
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. McKays beef seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp. Herbs de Provence
Blend all again until smooth. Add to the mushroom/ onion mix in lg. pot. Stir and simmer till thickened. Add more water if you want it thinner.
Good also over fettuccini noodles.