This is excellent as a side salad, or wrapped in a tortilla for lunch.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (cooked rice needed)
Chilling Time: 2 hours
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup oil-free honey-mustard salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt to taste
Place the rice and beans in a large bowl and combine. Add the corn, peas, onion, pimiento, olives, and cilantro. Toss well to mix. Combine the salad dressing and Tabasco in a mixing cup and whisk until smooth. Pour over the salad and mix well.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.