Quinoa Corn Salad
- 1⁄4 C quinoa (rinsed under water)
- 1⁄2 C vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 C frozen baby corn (no need to cook)
Cook quinoa in broth for 12-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
While grain cooks, mix dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Add beans, tomato and corn.
Cool grain to room temperature, then mix with other ingred.; chill until ready to eat.
This can be used as a side or a meal.
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (about the juice of one lemon)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, lightly chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin