- 1 Bunch kale - de stem and chop finely in food processor
- 1⁄2 C. unsweetened coconut - rehydrate in warm water and drain
- Red onion - chopped. Add the amount you like.
- 1 Serrano chili, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 lime – juiced
- Salt and Pepper
- Add softened raisins, sunflower seeds
The Lemon Maple Dressing can be omitted and just the lime juice used.
Dress with Lemon Maple Dressing
Diced avocado taste nice with this salad as well as adding diced strawberries or whole blueberries.
Chopped cabbage or romaine added goes well too.
Lemon Maple Dressing
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder (or sometimes called granulated onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup (Trader Joe’s has a good price)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews, add more water to fill up the empty spaces between the nuts. Let the nuts soak in liquid about 30 minutes to soften before blending.
Blend lemon juice, maple syrup, water, cashews and dry ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. If you don’t have a Vitamix blender be sure to blend it long enough to get it creamy.
Will last 10-14 days in the refrigerator.