Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
By Kristina LaRue
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium apples, shredded
- 100% pure maple syrup, optional topping*
Bring quinoa, almond milk, and applesauce to a boil in medium pot. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Stir in apple pie spice, vanilla and salt. Pour into bowls and top with shredded apples and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
*Note: Optional topping not included in nutrient analysis.
Serving size: ¼ recipe Calories: 230 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 43g Sugar: 11g Sodium: 125mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 7g