Vegan Mac and Cheese
Recipe adapted from Amanda Edlund
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak overnight)*
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1-12 oz.package of pasta
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Wash and cut potato into 8 pieces.
- 3. Boil the sweet potato in water until soft, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 4. Drain the water from the potato. At this point the skin will easy come off.
- 5. Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- 6. Taste and season with more nutritional yeast, salt or pepper as needed.
- 7. Mix cheese sauce with pasta and enjoy!
*If you are in a bind and don't have time to soak cashews overnight, this is what you can do: Put cashews in a pot and cover with water. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat. Cover the pot and let sit for 10 minutes, then drain water.