Simple Mushroom Fettuccini Alfredo
Makes: 5-6 servings
(Cashew cream is the secret here)
- 1 ½ C raw cashews rinsed and then soak overnight. Drain and rinse then cover nuts in a Vitamix blender with 1” of water. Blend till silky smooth and set aside.
- In a skillet water sauté 1 small onion till soft.
- Add 4-5 crushed garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add 1-8oz. box of mushrooms-chopped, or sliced if you prefer.
- When soft add ¾ tsp. granulated garlic, ½ tsp. granulated onion, and garlic salt and salt to taste.
- Pour in cashew cream, mix well and stir over heat till it thickens.
You will need to add water to thin to the consistency that you desire.
Cook about one pound of whole wheat fettuccini or linguini noodles. Serve noodles and top with sauce.