Potato Tacos & Tomatillo Sauce
Taken from Veg News Magazine
For the potatoes:
- 3 Med. Potatoes, diced into 3⁄4 inch cubes
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic pwd.
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- Olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Garnish: chopped tomatoes, guacamole & fresh chopped cilantro.
Put potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle olive oil to coat. Add spices and toss till coated.
Place potatoes in a 9x13 Pyrex pan and roast at 450 degrees for20- 25 min., stirring occasionally until fork-tender inside.
Warm tortillas and add potatoes and garnishes and some tomatillo sauce.
These make great taquitos. Warm small corn tortillas, fill with potatoes, roll and fry.
- 1⁄2 lb. tomatillos (6-8 medium), husks removed, cored, and halved
- 1⁄2 C. diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. agave nectar (add last after cooking)
Place in food processor except agave until well combined and fairly smooth. Place in a saucepan over med. heat and simmer for 10 min. then add agave. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot or cold depending on your preference.