Layered Enchilada Casserole
- 1 - 15 Oz. Can tomato sauce (or 2-8 Oz.)
- 1 Tbs. Chopped Ortega green chilies
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano leaves crushed
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin
Combine the above and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- 1- 15 oz. low salt black beans
- Diaya cheddar cheese - shredded (vegan)
- Corn tortillas
- 1 Lrg. Can of Whole Ortega green chilies
- Place a thin layer of sauce in a 9x13" Pyrex. Place corn tortillas on the bottom of the pan over the sauce. Be sure to cut the tortillas to fill in the empty spaces.
- Place another thin layer of sauce over tortillas then layer drained and rinsed low salt black beans. Top with some Diaya cheddar cheese (not too thick-just a sprinkling).
- Layer more corn tortillas, then sauce then, large whole Ortega green chilies that have been cut open and deseeded. Add another sprinkling of cheese.
- Layer one more layer of tortillas with sauce on top and a sprinkling of cheese. Seal with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with guacamole on top.