- 2 Onions
- 4 garlic
- 2 Tbs oil or less
- 1 tsp chili pwd
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- 2-14 oz cans chickpeas-drained & rinsed
- 1-14 oz can diced tomatoes
1. Slice onions finely; crush the garlic in a garlic press. Heat oil in a medium pan. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring, until soft.
2. Add the chili pwd., salt, tumeric, papika, cumin and coriander. Stir over heat for 1 min.
3. Add chickpeas and undrained tomatoes, stir until combined. Simmer, covered, over low heat 30 min., stirring occasionally.
Note: This curry makes a delicious meal wrapped inside chapattis or naan bread. I have served it over Quinoa and it taste great.