Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
Recipe by Sarah Major (Instagram: @_afreshpurefood)
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 1 cup of pumpkin purée
- 1 TBSP of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (or plant based butter)
- A pinch of cinnamon & pink salt
Blend filling ingredients until smooth & creamy texture forms.
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 TBSP of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- A pinch of cinnamon
Blend crust ingredients until a dough texture forms. Place parchment paper in a 8x8 square pan. Press crust into pan and then add the filling on top. Freeze for 2 hours.
(It will be held together, but a creamy texture still)
Optional: you can add nuts, chocolate sauce, or any other topping you'd like. Store: keep in refrigerator to get that creamy texture.