By Robyne Gray
- 1-13.5 oz. Coconut milk (I use Trader Joes reduced fat)
- 1 C. fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 3⁄4 C. water
- 1⁄4 C. reduced sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- 1⁄4 C. real maple syrup (at Trader Joes)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 Tbs. mild yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 Tbs. cornstarch to thicken
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.
Place in a sauce pan then add:
- Steamed potatoes & carrots to the sauce:
- 3 Medium potatoes cut up (10 min.)Start with potatoes for the 1st 4 min. then add the carrots for the last 6 min.
- 2 sliced carrots (6 min.)
- 1 block drained firm tofu-diced (Or instead of tofu you can add 1 -10 oz. can- drained & rinsed Companion brand Peking Vegetarian Roast Duck (I find this at 99 Ranch market or other Asian markets. Break it up into small pieces.)
Simmer everything till warmed through and thickened.
Serve over brown rice. I like Trader Joes Jasmine Brown rice.