(Gluten Free) By Julianna Hever
- 1 1⁄2 Tbs. Flax meal (replaces the eggs)
- 1C Soy or almond milk
- Mix the above and let sit while preparing other ingred. I like using a Quisinart Smart Stick to blend it up.
- 1 C oat flour (I make this with regular oatmeal in a good blender or a coffee grinder, and blend till it turns to flour)
- 1 C cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking pwd. (aluminum free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 C unsweetened applesauce (replaces the oil)
- 1⁄4 C maple syrup (if you want it sweeter add more syrup or more savory-add less)
Sift dry ingred. together and mix in wet ingred. Don’t over mix. Fill a 12 cup silicone muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with Pam. Or other non-stick pans.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 min. Let the muffins sit in the pan for few minutes after baking. They will sweat and loosen then use the back of a knife and go around the edges to loosen.
*Buying flax seed and grinding it in a coffee grinder or good blender cuts the cost in half instead of buying the flax meal already ground. I store the seed in my freezer so it is available as needed and the flax meal in my refrigerator.
*When I make these I always have a quart-size zip-lock bag ready to measure additional dry ingredients in to (except flax meal) to put in the cupboard for future use.